Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New leadership

"It is time for new leadership that understands the way to win a debate with John McCain or any Republican who is nominated is not by nominating someone who agreed with him on voting for the war in Iraq,"
Barack Obama, January 11, 2008
Funny, I don't remember Obama going on about Biden's "judgement" during the primary campaign.

I know they'll say anything to get elected. Really, what kind of politician are you if you won't? It's just so much more cathartic to take the piss out of Obama. Partly because he won, and partly because he can be so sanctimonious.

He's like the Doors. I don't give a rip about most terrible bands, but Barack Obama and the Doors give "overrated" new meaning. Therefore I'm justified in holding my grudge.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I happen to be a big fan of Obama for lots of reasons, although I concede that partly I am swept up in his celebrity. More importantly, though, is the fact that The Doors are a bunch of harpsichord-abusing assbags. They are one of the few bands who manage to rival the Steve Miller Band for lack of lyrical and musical talent. One of my greatest embarassments is that I actually paid for two of their albums, years ago, before my eardrums were fully developed. Thank you, Jason, for bringing them up - it's good to get that off my chest.