Friday, January 9, 2009

Why have one name when you can have two?

Apologies for not posting since, (gasp) October. I guess the spirit hasn't moved me, or I've grown tired of calling out the Democrats for their obvious fakery.

This morning I rode the bus. I forgot my book, and I didn't feel like listening to the iPod, so I just sat there and took it all in. Lately I've been musing on the nature of perception & consciousness (sorry, no big insights here) but for some reason everything seemed like I was seeing it for the first time. Perhaps because I don't usually ride the 60 to work.

Bringing it back to the title of the post, this is what I saw at one of the stops on the way to Beacon Hill.


Tee-hee. It seems like the second guy they hired to make the English sign came up with a different answer, consistency be damned. This was probably a smart move, since careless white people such as myself will never notice, and everyone in the Hau Hau/How How can read the Chinese and doesn't give a damn what the letters say.

The thing is, unlike the rest of the 60 route, I've seen this sign on an almost daily basis for the past four years. For whatever reason, today I actually looked at it.

I wonder what else is out there that I haven't been seeing?

No comments: