Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ghost, I copped it on Amazon mp3, I swear

I was going to write about the presidential election, but something much, much more important is happening. No one is copping Ghostface's new album.



In the video Ghost challenges his fans to bring the CD to shows to prove they bought it. He says if we do that, he'll "kick it with [us], get goosed out, whatever [we] want to do." My problem is that I copped it on Amazon mp3.

I actually copped it twice because the first time I accidentally copped the non-explicit version. At first I thought the mp3 was scratched, because it was skipping a lot. Once I bought the swear words to fill in the skipping parts it was all good.

Insanely good. Ghost is on a level all by himself. Anyone can rap about shooting people in the drug game. Ghost raps about how shooting people in the drug game is making him crazy. ("Don't put me in no mental clinics!")

Anyway, I'm going to have a hard time proving I paid for the album and getting my "personal meeting" with Ghost. Now I won't be able to tell him in person that "cop" also means "to steal," so maybe his message is getting mixed up and that he should tell his fans to procure the album instead. I bet that would really help.

No comments: